After three nights in hospital, SG is out and recovering. I spent one day and one night in bed myself with a slight fever and the runs-from-hell. But we’re both up and about now. The doctors didnt really find anything but coliform bacillus. So it’s likely that it’s E Coli of some sort. The lab didnt really have the ability to get a more detailed typing.
Reading about E Coli poisoning, it’s no joke really. There are some very nasty strains out there which do quite damage the intestinal wall. I certainly felt like I had drunk acid and eating afterwards wasnt much fun either. I did discover that a nice meal of okra (lady’s fingers), boiled rice and yoghurt did me a world of good. All food that produces nice sticky lining to replace what got stripped out of me.
Anyway, enough of that. Hopefully this will be the last post on the subject while we are in India.